- 2 large potatoes
- 1 celeriac
- 400g parsnips
- 400g carrots
- 4 apples
- 575g chicken thighs & drumsticks
- 1 tbsp Bombay spice blend
- A hanful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of coriander
- 150g Greek style yogurt
- A pinch or 2 of black onion seeds
- 1 lemon
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive, sunflower or coconut oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 50 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into bite-size chunks (no need to peel them). Slice the roots and skin off the celeriac, leaving as much flesh behind as possible, then chop it to match the potatoes. Tumble the veg into a large roasting tin (see our tip).
2. Trim and scrub the carrots and parsnips (no need to peel). Halve the carrots and parsnips lengthways. Quarter the apples and slice out the cores. Add the carrots, parsnips and apples to the tin.
3. Dust over 1 tbsp Bombay spice blend and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Drizzle with 2 tbsp oil and toss together to coat in the spices. Spread the veg out to make a single layer, then nestle the chicken thighs and drumsticks in the tin. Slide into the oven and roast for 25 mins.
4. After 25 mins, lift the chicken out onto a plate, and use a spatula to turn the veg over. Pop the chicken back on top and return to the oven for 20-25 mins, till the chicken is cooked through and the veg are tender and a little caramelised at the edges.
5. Just before serving, pick the mint leaves off their stalks and thinly slice them. Finely chop the coriander leaves and stalks. Divide the chicken and veg between warm plates and serve with dollops of the yogurt, topped with the chopped herbs, a pinch of black onion seeds and wedges of lemon on the side for squeezing.