- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- A good pinch of sea salt
- A good gloss of olive oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- 2 tsp mustard seeds, toasted
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger (to taste)
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 clementine, juice only (optional)
- A handful of fresh mint and/or coriander, leaves and stems roughly chopped
Prep: 20 mins + 30 mins marinating | Cook: nil
1. Trim the base from each sprout. Peel off any discoloured leaves. Thinly slice into fine shreds.
2. Mix the sprouts with the lime zest and juice. Season with salt. Gloss with olive oil.
3. Pop the cumin and mustard seeds in a hot frying pan to toast, just till fragrant. Toss in with the sprouts. Add the chilli and ginger. Mix through.
4. Taste. Swirl through a little honey and clementine juice to soften the flavour.
5. Let the flavours mingle a good 30 mins or more before serving. Finish with fresh mint/coriander just before serving.