- 1 small shallot
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- A pinch of black pepper
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 185g jar of Tunisian sweet grilled peppers
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 100g feta
- Toasted pitta bread or fresh veg, to serve
Prep: 15 mins + marinating | Cook: nil
1. Peel and finely chop the shallot and garlic. Scoop them into a mixing bowl. Add the red wine vinegar and a pinch of black pepper, salt and chilli powder (this is optional if you'd like some extra heat, or you can leave the chilli powder out).
2. Tip in the sweet grilled peppers along with the oil from their jar. Pick the thyme leaves off their sprigs and add them to the bowl. Crumble in most of the feta. Stir well to mix, then set aside for 15 mins to marinate.
3. Taste the htipiti and add a pinch more black pepper, salt or chilli powder if you think it needs it. Scoop into a serving bowl, crumble over the last of the feta and add a few more fresh thyme leaves. Serve with toasted pitta bread or crunchy crudités for dipping.