- 500g sweet potatoes
- A pinch or two of harissa
- 1 red onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- ½ cucumber
- 50g peppery salad mix
- 250g ricotta
- A handful of chives
- 1½ tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the sweet potatoes. Cut each one into 6-8 wedges. Place them in a bowl and pour in 1 tbsp olive oil. Scatter in a pinch or 2 of harissa (the harissa is hot, so add as much or little as you prefer) and some seasoning. Toss together to coat the potatoes in the oil and spice mix.
2. Tumble the potatoes onto a baking tray. Slide into the oven and roast for 20 mins.
3. Peel and thickly slice the onion. Quarter the tomatoes. After the potatoes have roasted for 20 mins, remove the tray from the oven. Add the onion and tomatoes. Toss everything together. Slide back into the oven for 20 mins.
4. While the veg is roasting, zest the lemon. Stir the zest into the pot of ricotta with a generous crack of pepper and pinch of salt. Mix well.
5. Juice half the lemon and whisk with 1 tbsp honey (keep the rest for later) and ½ tbsp olive oil to make a creamy dressing. Chop half the cucumber into small chunks (the rest will keep in your fridge for a few days. Use it in sandwiches and salads or grated into yogurt and stirred with cumin and mint to make raita). Add the chopped cucumber to a bowl with the salad leaves.
6. Remove the veg from the oven. It should all be cooked and lightly charred. Drizzle over the remaining honey and slide back into the oven for 5 mins.
7. Toss the cucumber and salad leaves with the lemon dressing. Spoon the roasted veg onto 2 warm plates. Dot over the lemon ricotta. Snip over the chives. Serve with the lemon dressed salad.