- 200g white basmati rice
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 50g Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 50g tamari
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 red pepper
- 2 spring onions
- 1 courgette
- A handful of coriander
- 400ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- ½ tbsp sunflower or olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Tip the rice into a large bowl. Cover with cold water and whisk for 1-2 mins (you can use a fork) till the water goes cloudy (this is the starch). Drain the rice and rinse it with cold water. Tip back
into the bowl and cover with fresh water. Set aside.
2. Squeeze the Thai red curry paste, sweet chilli sauce and tamari into a dish and stir to mix together Add the salmon and turn it a few times to coat in the marinade, then set aside.
3. Halve the pepper and scoop out the white bits. Finely slice it into finger-length pieces. Trim the roots and dry ends off the salad onions. Finely slice them. Chop the courgette into batons the same size as the pepper pieces.
4. Drain the rice and tip it into a small pan. Pour in 400ml boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Cover, bring to the boil, then turn the heat right down and gently simmer for 8 mins till all the water is absorbed. Set aside, lid on, for 2 mins to finish cooking the rice.
5. Heat your grill to high. Line a baking tray with foil. Lift the salmon out of the marinade (keep the marinade for later) and lay on the foil, skin-side up. Grill the salmon for 12-15 mins till the skin is golden brown and the salmon is dark pink and cooked all the way through (you don't need to turn the fillets while they cook).
6. Warm a wok or deep frying pan for 1 min, then add ½ tbsp oil with the pepper and courgette. Stir-fry over a medium heat for 5 mins till the veg look a little glossy.
7. Add the salad onions to the wok. Season with salt and pepper and stir fry for 3 mins. Add the leftover marinade from the salmon dish and bubble for 2-3 mins till warmed through.
8. Fluff the rice with a fork and heap up on warm serving plates. Divide the veg between the plates and serve with the salmon fillets, garnished with the coriander leaves.