- 25g pine nuts
- 75g quinoa
- 2 mini romaine lettuces
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 50g lamb's lettuce
- 100g soft sheep's cheese
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150ml boiling water
1. Warm a medium pan on a medium-high heat. Add the pine nuts to the hot pan and toast them for 2-3 mins, stirring, till golden all over. Tip out into a bowl and set aside.
2. Pop the quinoa into a sieve and rinse under cold water for a few mins, then tip it into the empty pine nut pan. Pour in 150ml boiling water. Cover and bring to the boil. Turn the heat right down and simmer for 10-12 mins till the water has been absorbed and the quinoa is tender. Take off the heat.
3. Warm your grill to high. Trim the bases off the mini romaine lettuces, and quarter them lengthways. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Add the tomatoes and lettuce wedges to a large roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Slide the veg under the grill for 2-3 mins, till the lettuce wedges are a little charred. Turn them over and slide the tin back under the grill for 2-3 mins.
4. Peel and finely chop or grate the garlic clove. Slide it into a small bowl and add 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Whisk with 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper to make a dressing.
5. When the quinoa is cooked, tip it into a large salad bowl. Add the grilled veg and the lamb’s lettuce. Spoon over the balsamic dressing and toss together.
6. Divide the salad between a couple of plates and crumble over the soft sheep’s cheese. Top with the toasted pine nuts to serve.