- 250g diced lamb
- 1 lemon
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 150g bulgar wheat
- ½ cucumber
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 50g pea shoots
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Tip the lamb into a bowl and set aside. Finely grate the lemon zest into a medium-sized heatproof bowl, and set aside. Squeeze the juice from half the lemon over the lamb. Peel and grate the shallots and garlic over the lamb as well. Pick the rosemary leaves off their sprigs and finely chop them. Add to the lamb with a pinch of salt and pepper and 1 tbsp olive oil. Stir to mix and set aside for 10 mins to marinate.
2. While the lamb marinates, tip the bulgar wheat into the heatproof bowl with the lemon zest. Pour in 300ml boiling water and add a pinch of salt. Swirl a few times with a fork to mix, then pop a plate on the bowl and set aside for 15 mins to soak.
3. Halve the cucumber and dice one half. Quarter the cherry tomatoes. Roughly chop the pea shoots. Set all the chopped veg to one side.
4. Juice the remaining lemon half into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together to make a dressing. Set aside.
5. Heat your grill to high. Line the grill pan with foil – or line a baking tray if you don’t have a grill pan.
6. Scoop the lamb out of the marinade and spread out on the foil-lined pan. Grill for 10–12 mins, turning after 5 mins, till the lamb is browned all over and cooked through.
7. While the lamb grills, give the bulgar wheat a stir and drain off any excess water. Stir in the cucumber, tomatoes and pea shoots, and pour in the lemon dressing. Give a gentle stir to mix.
8. When the lamb is browned, take it out from underneath the grill. Heap the bulgar salad up on a couple of warm plates and top with the grilled lamb to serve.