- 35g sun dried tomatoes
- 75g gnocchetti or fusilli
- 2 courgettes
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 25g pine nuts
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Pop the sun dried tomatoes in a bowl. Pour over enough boiling water to cover them. Set aside.
2. Set a pan of salted water on the hob and bring to the boil. When the water in the pan is boiling, tip in the gnocchetti and simmer for 8-10 mins till the pasta is soft with a slight bite.
3. While the pasta cooks, cut the courgettes into long thin slices (no more than 1cm thick). Place a large frying pan on a high heat. Lay a few courgette slices in the dry pan. Cook for 2 mins till lightly charred then turn over. Cook for 1-2 mins more, then place in a bowl. Repeat with the other slices.
4. Drain and rinse the pasta under cold water. Shake dry. Place into the bowl with the cooked courgettes. Halve the cherry tomatoes and add to the bowl. Drain the sun dried tomatoes, thinly slice them and add them to the bowl too.
5. Place the frying pan back on the heat, toss in the pine nuts and toast for 2-3 mins till golden. Tip them into a small bowl.
6. Zest and juice the lemon into a jug. Add 2 tbsp oil. Peel and grate in the garlic. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk to make a dressing. Pour into the bowl with the courgettes, tomatoes and pasta. Toss together. Heap up the salad on 2 plates. Tear over the basil and scatter over the pine nuts to serve.
7. Green means go^
The lemon in your box might be a little on the green side – it’s called a Verdelli, and it’s every bit as zesty and juicy as its yellow cousins.