- 500g minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh mint and/or parsley, finely chopped
- A good pinch of sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8-12 skewers (soak bamboo ones first)
1. Preheat your oven grill to the highest setting. If you don’t have a grill, just crank your oven to 220C/Gas 7.
2. Mix all the ingredients together.
3. Divide the mix into 8 (if you want 2 kofta skewers each) or 12 (for 3 each). Shape each portion of mince into sausage shape. Thread on a skewer. Gloss with a little oil.
4. Set on a grill pan and cook 7-10 mins, or till golden on top. Flip, cook until a few mins more on the other side, until the meat just starts to colour up.