- 8-12 skewers (soak bamboo ones first)
- 400g minced beef or lamb
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large handful of fresh mint and/or parsley, finely chopped
- A good pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. If using wooden or bamboo skewers, pop them in a glass or dish and cover them with cold water. Set aside to soak while you prepare the koftas. Soaking will help stop the skewers burning under the grill.
2. Preheat your grill to its highest setting. If you don’t have a grill, just crank your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7.
3. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Mix them together to combine.
4. Divide the mixture into 8 portions (if you want 2 kofta skewers each) or 12 (for 3 each). Gently squeeze each portion into a sausage shape and thread it onto a skewer. Drizzle with a little olive oil.
5. Set the kofta skewers on a grill pan and cook for 7-10 mins, or till golden on top. Turn over and cook for a few mins more on the other side, till the meat just starts to pick up some colour.
6. That's a wrap!
Take your koftas to the next level by bundling them into a warm pita bread with a dollop of our Spicy Tomato Dip