- ½ green cabbage or spring greens, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 leek or 2 spring onions, whites and light green thinly sliced
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- A good pinch of sea salt
- 1 lime
- 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- A handful of fresh coriander, chopped (optional)
1. Toss your prepped veggies in a large bowl.
2. Add the chilli, ginger and salt. Grate in the zest from the lime. Halve and squeeze in all the juice.
3. Toast the cumin and mustard seeds until fragrant. Scatter them over.
4. Mix everything with your hands, giving the mix a good scrunch to release all those gorgeous flavours. Taste. Up the spice and add a little olive oil, if you wish.
5. Finish with fresh coriander.