- 100g nduja
- 400g Brussels sprouts
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- 6 scallops
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Chop the nduja sausage into small chunks. Trim the stalky bases off the Brussels sprouts and pick off any ragged outer leaves. Peel and thinly slice the garlic. Pick and thinly slice the mint leaves.
2. Pour 1 tbsp olive oil into a frying pan and warm it to a medium-high heat. Add the nduja and sprouts to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Fry for 5-6 mins, stirring occasionally, till the sprouts are tender. Add the garlic and fry for 1 min. Grate in the lemon zest and stir through the mint leaves, then scoop everything into a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
3. Pop the empty pan back on a high heat – no need to clean it. When the pan is hot, pat the scallops dry with kitchen paper and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour another 1 tbsp olive oil into the pan if needed. Add the scallops and fry for 2 mins on each side, till plump and a little caramelised.
4. Divide the scallops between a couple of warm plates. Serve with the ndulja fried sprouts, and wedges of lemon on the side for squeezing.