- 75g bulgar wheat
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- 400g flat peaches
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic
- A pinch or two of dried oregano
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 120g feta
- 1 lemon
- 150ml boiling water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Tip the bulgar wheat into a heatproof bowl and pour in 150ml boiling water. Swirl with a fork, pop a plate on the bowl and set aside to soak for 15-20 mins. The bulgar wheat will soak up the water and become tender.
2. Halve the cherry tomatoes and pop them in a separate large bowl. Halve the flat peaches and scoop out the stones. Slice the peaches into thick chunks. Halve the chilli, scraping out the seeds and pith if you prefer less heat. Finely chop the chilli. Add the flat peaches and chilli to the bowl.
3. Peel the garlic and grate it into the bowl with the peaches and tomatoes. Add a pinch or 2 of dried oregano. Tear over the basil leaves. Crumble the feta into the bowl. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Pour in 1 tbsp olive oil and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Fold the bulgar wheat into the salad bowl. Divide between a couple of plates and serve.