- A handful or two of leftover veg such as potatoes, carrots, parsnips, kale and sprouts
- A large handful of herbs such as chives, parsley, rosemary, sage
- 1 lemon
- 12 eggs
- 200ml crème fraîche
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 200g cheese from your cheeseboard such as brie, stilton, cheddar or goats cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Mixed salad and chutney, to serve
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Chop the veg into small, bite-sized chunks. Roughly chop your chosen herbs and zest the lemon.
2. Beat the eggs with the crème fraîche. Season well. Crumble or grate your chosen cheese. Fold the veg, herbs, zest and half the cheese through the eggs.
3. Set a large ovenproof frying pan on a high heat. Swirl in 2 tbsp olive oil. Pour in the frittata mix and shake the pan to distribute the veg evenly. Scatter over the remaining cheese. Cook for 5 mins till the edges are beginning to set.
4. Slide the pan into the oven and cook for 20-25 mins till the middle is just set. Flip the frittata out onto a board. Leave to cool for a couple of mins, then cut into wedges. Serve with a mixed salad and chutney.