- A handful or two of leftover veg such as potatoes, carrots, parsnips, kale and sprouts
- A large handful of herbs such as chives, parsley, rosemary or sage
- 1 lemon
- 12 medium eggs
- 200ml crème fraîche
- 200g cheese from your cheeseboard such as brie, stilton, cheddar or goats cheese
- Mixed salad and chutney, to serve
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 25-35 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Chop the veg into bite-sized chunks. Roughly chop your chosen herbs and zest the lemon.
2. Beat the eggs with the crème fraîche in a large mixing bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Crumble or grateyour chosen cheese. Fold the veg, herbs, lemon zest and half the cheese through the beaten eggs.
3. Set a large, ovenproof frying pan on a high heat. Swirl in 2 tbsp olive oil. Pour in the frittata mix and shake the pan to distribute the veg evenly. Scatter over the remaining cheese. Cook for 5 mins till the edges are beginning to set.
4. Slide the pan into the oven and bake for 20-25 mins till the middle is just set. Flip the frittata out onto a board. Leave to cool for a couple of mins, then cut into wedges. Serve with a mixed salad and chutney.