1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Fill your kettle and boil it.
2. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a deep frying pan or wok and warm to a high heat. Rub the chicken legs with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the chicken, skin side down. Fry for 5 mins, till the skin is golden and crispy. Transfer the chicken to a baking tray, skin side up. Slide the chicken into the oven for 20 mins.
3. Meanwhile, trim the top off the aubergine. Chop the aubergine into small cubes. Put the empty frying pan used to cook the chicken back on the heat and add another 1 tbsp oil. Slide in the aubergine and add a little salt and pepper. Fry the aubergine, for 10 mins, stirring often, till golden and very soft.
4. While the aubergine is cooking, rinse the rice under cold water then tip it into a small pan. Add a pinch of salt and pour in 300ml boiling water.
5. Pop a lid on the pan and bring it to the boil. Once it’s boiling, turn the heat right down and very gently simmer for 8 mins till the rice has absorbed all the water. Take the pan off the heat and leave the rice in it, with the lid on, for 5 mins to steam and finish cooking.
6. Trim the flat beans and cut them into bite-sized chunks. Peel the red onion and thinly slice it. Crumble the coconut cream into a heatproof jug and stir in 200ml boiling water. Stir till melted.
7. When the aubergine is browned and tender, add the sliced beans and onion. Cook for a further 5 mins. Stir in the curry paste and melted coconut cream. Cook for a final 5 mins, till the sauce is thick and bubbling.
8. Pick the mint leaves off their stalks and roughly shred them. Stir the mint through the veg and sauce. Taste and add a pinch of salt if you think it needs it.
9. Fluff up the rice and divide between two warm plates. Spoon over the veg and sauce. Top with cooked chicken legs and serve.