- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 shallots
- 250g asparagus
- 100g sweet salad mix
1. Fill a pan with boiling water and bring to the boil. Lower your eggs carefully into the pan. Set a timer for 6 mins. Remove the eggs as soon as the timer goes off. Plunge into ice cold water. Set aside.
2. Zest your lemon. Juice it. In a bowl whisk together the honey, 1 tbsp olive oil, the lemon zest and 1 tbsp lemon juice. Add a pinch of salt. Cut a few slices from your chilli, more or less, to taste, and finely chop. Peel your garlic. Finely chop a third of it. Add to the dressing. Stir to mix.
3. Use a veg peeler to slice the asparagus into long, thin ribbons. Peel and finely slice your shallots. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add your shallots to the pan in a single layer – cook in batches if needed.
4. Fry the shallots till golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon. Lay on a plate lined with kitchen paper to absorb any excess oil.
5. Mix the asparagus ribbons with the dressing, stirring to coat. Toss the salad leaves into the mix. Drizzle with a little lemon juice. Peel your eggs – doing this in a bowl of water helps the shells come off better.
6. Divide the salad onto 2 plates. Nestle an egg in the centre of each one. Top with the crispy shallots, a few extra slices of chilli (if you like it hot) and a pinch of salt and pepper.