- 2 red chillies
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 garlic cloves
- A thumb of ginger
- A handful of sorrel
- 2 courgettes
- A bundle of asparagus
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 500ml boiling water
- 200ml coconut milk
- A pot of white crabmeat
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Roughly chop one of the chillies, scraping out the seeds and white bits for less heat. Add the chilli to the processor, along with 1 tsp ground coriander.
2. Peel and roughly chop the garlic and ginger. Add them to the processor. Pick the leaves off the sorrel, pop to one side for later. Roughly chop the sorrel stalks. Add them to the processor with 2 tbsp cold water.
3. Blitz the chilli mix in the processor to make a rough paste. If you don't have a food processor, just chop everything as finely as you can and stir it all together.
4. Trim the courgettes, use a spiraliser to make thick ribbons. If you don't have a spiraliser, use a vegetable peeler to peel thick ribbons off them. Snap the woody ends off the asparagus. Chop into chunks around 3 cm long.
5. Warm 2 tsp olive oil in the deep frying pan or wok. Add the chilli paste. Stir and fry over a medium heat for 2 mins till the pan smells spicy. Pour in 500ml hot water from the kettle. Add the coconut milk. Bring to the boil. Lower the heat.
6. Add the asparagus to the pan. Simmer for 2-3 mins till just tender. Stir in the courgette ribbons and the crab. Simmer for 3-5 mins till the veg are just tender. Taste and add salt and pepper if you think it needs it.
7. Finely slice the remaining chilli. Ladle the laksa into warm bowls. Top with chopped sorrel leaves and sliced chilli to serve.