- 12g dried porcini mushrooms
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g cavolo nero
- 1 leek
- 1 chilli
- 1 lemon
- 100 polenta
- 25g sesame seeds
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 eggs
- 45g butter
- 500ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15 mins
1. Tip the porcini mushrooms into a heatproof jug. Pour over 500ml boiling water and add a good pinch of salt. Swirl and leave to infuse and soften.
2. Peel the garlic cloves. Slice them as thinly as possible. Finely shred the cavolo nero. Halve the leek lengthways and rinse out any dirt. Finely slice it. Halve the chilli and flick out the seeds. Thinly slice it. Zest the lemon.
3. Pour the porcini mushrooms and the infused stock into a large saucepan. Bring up to a simmer. Slowly trickle in the polenta, whisking as you go. Simmer on a low heat for 10 mins.
4. Heat a frying pan. Tip in the sesame seeds and 2 tsp cumin seeds. Toast for 2-3 mins till popping and nutty smelling. Tip into a bowl.
5. Pour 1 tbsp oil into the frying pan. Add the sliced garlic cloves to the hot oil. Fry for 2 mins till the garlic slices are golden and crispy. Lift the slices out of the pan using a slotted spoon and place on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
6. Add the shredded cavolo nero, leek and chilli to the garlicky oil. Add a pinch of salt and the lemon zest. Fry for 3 mins, moving the veg around the pan constantly.
7. While the veg is cooking, heat another frying pan. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Crack in all 4 eggs and fry for 2-4 mins till the eggs are as cooked as you like.
8. Chop the butter into small cubes. Beat it into the porcini polenta. Spoon the polenta into 2 shallow bowls. Top with the chilli fried greens and place a couple of fried eggs on top. Scatter over the crispy garlic slices and the toasted seeds. Serve with wedges of lemon.