- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 red pepper
- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 6 chicken sausages (contains pork)
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Peel and grate or crush the garlic, then add to a large bowl. Finely grate in the zest from the lemon. Add the mixed herbs with 1 tbsp olive oil. Mix well.
2. Peel and thickly slice the onion. Trim the dry tips off the fennel bulbs. Pluck off any feathery fronds and set them aside for later. Halve the fennel bulbs and cut them into 1cm-thick slices. Halve the red pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Cut into thick strips. Add all the veg to the bowl. Pull the cherry tomatoes from the vine and add them too. Gently toss the veg to coat it in the herby oil.
3. Tumble all the veg into a large roasting tin. Cut the lemon into quarters and add to the tin. Nestle in the chicken sausages and slide into the oven for 30 mins.
4. While the veg and sausages roast, drain and rinse the butter beans.
5. When the veg and sausages have cooked for 30 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Scatter in the butter beans and gently stir them through. Slide the tin back into the oven for 5 mins.
6. After the veg and sausages have cooked for a total of 35 mins, remove the tin from the oven. The veg should be tender and lightly caramelised and the sausages golden and cooked through. Serve the sausages, roast veg and butter beans with wedges of the roast lemon for squeezing.