- 1 pack samphire
- 300g spaghetti
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A splash of olive oil
- A few knobs of butter
- 2 organic salmon fillets
- ½ red chilli, finely chopped (more or less, to taste)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
1. Plunge your spaghetti into a pot of boiling water. Add a good pinch of salt and a slug of olive oil. Cook for 12 mins or until al dente.
2. While it cooks, get a frying pan hot. Season your fish. Add a knob of butter. Lower heat to medium. Cook skin side down, until you can see the fish starting to cook through a little – about 5 mins. Flip. Cook for another 3-5 mins. The flesh will easily fleck away from the skin when it’s done.
3. Toss the chilli and the garlic in the pan to cook a little in the residual heat.
4. Add the samphire to the pasta water right before draining it. Toss drained pasta and samphire with a knob of butter. Fleck the salmon away from the skin and toss the flesh and the garlic and chilli in with the pasta.
5. Add a good hit of fresh pepper and the juice and zest of the lemon. Taste. Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve warm.