- A gloss of olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 200-400g beef mince*
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of chilli powder (more or less, to taste)
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 400g tin of kidney beans, drained
- 1 lime, juice only (optional)
- 8 tortilla wraps (see our That’s a Tortilla Wrap to make your own)**
- A handful of grated cheddar
- A handful of fresh coriander or parsley, chopped
*If you're a small household or like to eat less meat, this is a great one to use up half a pack of mince. Just pile diced tomatoes and/or avocado slices in with the meat and beans, or add an extra tin of beans.
**Here is our That's a Tortilla Wrap recipe if you fancy making your own wraps.
1. Get a large frying pan hot. Add a gloss of oil. Add your onions. Lower the heat. Sizzle till tender and glossy.
2. Crank up the heat. Add your meat. Season well. Cook till golden.
3. Swirl in the garlic and spices. Taste. Adjust seasoning. Swirl in the tomato purée, beans and squeeze in some lime juice. Taste. Tweak seasoning, as needed.
4. Warm your tortillas. Pile the meaty/bean mix in. Top with cheese and fresh herbs. You can also add diced tomatoes, avocado slices, or red peppers to the mix.
5. Fold the bottom of the tortilla in. Roll up and get stuck in.