- A bunch of salad onions
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stick
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 300g potatoes
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- A handful of wild garlic
- 1 vegetable stock cube
1. Trim the rooty ends from your salad onions. Thinly slice the whites and light green. Save the darker green bits for the end.
2. Peel or scrub your carrot. Finely dice. Clean your celery. Finely dice. Peel and finely chop your garlic.
3. Get a large pot hot. Add ½ tbsp of oil. Swirl in your veg with a pinch of salt and pepper. Lower heat. Sizzle till the veg is just softened.
4. Slice your spuds into 1 cm thick rounds. Fold them and the mustard through the softened veg. Sizzle a moment. Add the water and crumble in the stock cube. Bring to the boil. Lower heat. Simmer for 10 mins or till the potatoes are tender right the way through.
5. Thinly slice the reserved spring onion greens and add to the soup. Finely shred the wild garlic leaves and add to the soup right before serving. Taste and adjust the seasoning.