- 100g watercress
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of sorrel, leaves only
- 250g ricotta
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon
- 1 nutmeg
- 2 tsp caraway seeds
- 2 carrots
- A handful of dill
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 25 mins
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/Gas 4. Finely shred the mint and sorrel. Roughly chop the watercress, discarding any thick stems.
2. Put the ricotta in a mixing bowl. Crack the eggs in. Zest in the lemon. Whisk together till smooth. Add some salt and pepper. Stir in the mint, sorrel and watercress. Add a good grating of nutmeg.
3. Grease an 18 cm tin or dish with 1 tbsp olive oil. Pour the mix into the dish. Bake for 25 mins till set and just starting to shrink away from the sides.
4. Put 2 tsp caraway seeds in a small frying pan. Toast for 1 min till just starting to darken and smell aromatic. Tip on a plate and leave to cool.
5. Peel the carrots. Cut into ribbons using a mandoline or your vegetable peeler. Put in a bowl. Toss with ½ tbsp oil to coat. Finely chop the dill stalks and fronds and add to the salad. Add salt, pepper and a good squeeze of lemon juice to taste.
6. Sprinkle the toasted caraway seeds onto the carrot salad and mix. Slice the torte (you can eat this warm or cold) and serve with the caraway carrot salad.