- 1 lime
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 cayenne chilli
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 1 mango
- 2 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cold water
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Zest the lime into a small bowl and squeeze in the juice. Peel and grate the ginger. Halve the chilli and flick out the seeds and white pith. Finely chop the chilli. Add the ginger, chilli and 1 tbsp red curry paste to the bowl. Pour in 1 tsp oil and 1 tbsp water. Mix together. Set aside.
2. Trim and peel the carrot. Use the veg peeler to peel ribbons off it. You’ll get down to a middle core – finely slice that. Tip into a large bowl. Peel the cucumber into ribbons, slicing the seeded core.
3. Slice the fat cheeks off the mango stone. Slice the narrower sides off the mango stone. Slice the mango flesh off the skin and roughly chop it. Combine with the carrots and cucumber. This is your mango salad. Set aside.
4. Heat your grill to high. Put the chicken breasts on a chopping board. Cover with a large sheet of greaseproof paper. Bash the chicken breasts with a rolling pin (or something similarly heavy) till they’re about 1½cm thick.
5. Rub the chicken breasts with 1 tsp oil each. Place them on a rack in a grill pan (if your grill didn’t come with a grill pan, put a heatproof rack on a baking tray). Grill for 5-6 mins till golden brown, then turn and grill for 4-5 mins till the chicken is cooked through – make sure the juices run clear.
6. Add the lime, chilli and ginger dressing to the mango salad. Toss together till everything is well coated in the dressing.
7. Pile the salad onto plates. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and scatter it on top. Scatter with the mint leaves to garnish.