1. Fill your kettle and boil it. Drain the tofu, pat dry with kitchen paper and chop it into bite-sized chunks. Trim the roots and any ragged greens off the spring onions, then finely slice them. Halve the red pepper, scoop out the seeds and white pith, and roughly chop the pepper. Roughly chop the tomatoes.
2. Crumble half the stock cube into a heatproof jug or bowl. Add 1 tbsp of the tamari (keep the rest for later), the fischy sauce and the tomato ketchup. Pour in 150ml hot water from the kettle and stir to dissolve the stock cube. Set aside.
3. Rinse the rice under cold water and tip into a small pan. Add 300ml hot water and a pinch of salt. Cover, bring to the boil, then turn the heat right down. Gently cook for 6-8 mins till all the water has been absorbed and the rice is tender. Take the pan off the heat and let it sit, lid on, for 5 mins to finish cooking the rice.
4. Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a small bowl, add the sesame oil and a pinch of salt and beat them with a fork. Place a wok or deep frying pan on a high heat for 2 mins, then add ½ tbsp oil and the beaten eggs. Swirl them round the pan to coat it. Let the eggs cook for 1-2 mins till just set. Stir to break them up. Scoop out of the pan into a bowl and set aside.
5. Wipe the pan clean with kitchen paper, then add another ½ tbsp oil and the tofu. Fry for 4-5 mins, turning occasionally, till the tofu is browned all over.
6. Add the spring onions, pepper and tomatoes to the pan. Stir-fry for 4-5 mins till the veg have started to soften and the tomatoes look a little pulpy.
7. Pour in the seasoned veg stock. Bring to a bubble, then turn the heat down a bit and simmer for 3-4 mins till the toms are starting to break down to make a thick sauce.
8. Return the eggs to the pan and gently stir to mix them in. Taste the sauce and add more tamari, if you think it needs it. Fluff the rice with a fork and divide between two warm plates or bowls. Top with the tomato, egg & tofu stir-fry and serve straight away.