- A thumb of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 200g French beans
- 75g buckwheat
- A handful of tarragon leaves
- 2 nectarines
- 15g coconut flakes
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Set your grill to a medium-high setting. Peel and grate the ginger and garlic into a small bowl. Zest in the lime. Add 1 tbsp each demerara sugar and olive oil and mix with a good pinch of salt.
2. Cut each tomato into 3 thick slices. Lay them on a foil-lined baking tray. Spread the ginger mix over each slice. Trim the French beans and place them on the tray around the tomatoes. Grill for 12-15 mins till lightly charred.
3. Meanwhile, fill and boil your kettle. Tip the buckwheat into a pan and place on the hob. Toast for 2-3 mins, stirring, then pour in 150ml boiling water. Simmer for 10 mins.
4. Squeeze the juice from the lime into a large salad bowl. Add 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together to make a dressing. Pick the tarragon leaves from their stems and add to the bowl.
5. Halve the nectarines and scoop out the stones. Roughly chop the nectarine and add to the dressing.
6. Check the tomatoes after 12-15 mins. They should have collapsed slightly and the topping coloured. The beans will be lightly charred. Cook for a further 5 mins if not quite cooked. Drain any water from the buckwheat.
7. Remove the tomatoes from the oven and lift onto a plate. Tip any juice from the tomatoes into the bowl with the dressing and whisk together.
8. Add the buckwheat and half of the French beans to the dressing. Toss to coat. Taste and add a pinch more salt and pepper, if needed. Divide the buckwheat between two warm plates and top with the tomatoes and remaining French beans. Scatter over the coconut flakes to serve.