- 250g cherry vine tomatoes
- 500g rebellion tomatoes
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 5 tsp chilli and garlic pesto
- A handful of basil, leaves only
- 400g asparagus
- 2 burrata
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Chop all of the tomatoes into bite-sized pieces and slide them into a large mixing bowl. Peel and finely chop the red onion and add to the tomatoes.
2. Grate the lemon zest into a small bowl and squeeze in the juice. Scoop 5 tsp pesto into the bowl and stir well, adding an extra splash of olive oil if it looks a bit too thick. Pour the pesto dressing over the tomatoes. Tear in the basil leaves and toss together till the tomatoes are coated. Set to one side.
3. Warm a large griddle pan on a high heat. While the pan warms up, snap the woody bottoms off the asparagus. Pop the spears into a dish and toss them with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the asparagus (cook in batches, if needed). Griddle the asparagus for 3-4 mins, turning halfway, till tender and a little charred at the edges.
4. Allow the asparagus to cool slightly, then slice the spears into 2-3 pieces each. Add the cooked asparagus to the tomatoes and toss together. Transfer to a serving platter.
5. Pop both burrata in the middle of the salad and serve with an extra pinch of salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil on top.