- 50g sun dried tomatoes
- 200ml boiling water
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 carrots
- 1 chilli
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 eggs
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Roughly chop the sun dried tomatoes. Put in a bowl and cover with 200ml boiling water. Leave to soften while you prepare your other ingredients.
2. Peel and thinly slice the onions. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves. Trim, peel and chop the carrots into cubes. Halve the chilli and flick out most of the seeds. Finely chop it.
3. Warm a frying pan over a medium heat. Tip in 2 tsp coriander seeds. Toast for 2-3 mins till they pop and smell fragrant. Tip into a bowl. Keep the pan on the heat. Add the sunflower seeds to the pan and toast them for 2-3 mins. Tip into a separate bowl.
4. Pour 1 tsp oil into the hot pan. Add the onions with a pinch of salt. Cook over a low heat for 10 mins till soft and melting. Add a splash of water if they start to stick. Take half out and put aside for later.
5. Add the garlic, carrots and chill to the pan with the onions. Cook for 2 mins.
6. Add the toasted coriander seeds. Pour in the tin of chopped tomatoes and add the sun dried tomatoes along with their soaking liquid. Stir together. Cover and cook for 10 mins over a medium heat.
7. Taste and season the tomatoey sauce. Break an egg into a cup. Make 4 holes in the sauce. Pour the egg into one of the holes, then repeat with the remaining eggs. Sprinkle the onions over the top. Pop the lid back on and cook for 4-5 mins till the eggs are cooked to your liking.
8. Spoon a couple of eggs onto each plate with the rich tomato sauce. Scatter over the toasted sunflower seeds and serve straight away.