- 200g risotto rice
- 1 chilli
- 1 garlic clove
- 40g brown rice miso
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lime
- 2 carrots
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 kohlrabi
- 100g kale
- 500ml boiling water
- Sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
1. Tip the rice into a small pan. Pour in 400ml boiling water. Add a pinch of salt. Cover. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and gently cook for 15-20 mins till the water has been absorbed and the rice is sticky. Take off the heat.
2. Halve the chilli, flicking out the seeds and membrane for less heat. Finely chop the chilli. Peel the garlic clove and crush or finely chop. Slide both the chilli and the garlic into a small bowl. Spoon in 2 tbsp tamari and the brown rice miso and stir well to combine. Set aside.
3. Pour 1 tbsp sesame oil into a separate bowl. Grate in the lime zest and squeeze in the juice. Stir well and set aside.
4. Peel the carrots, then use the peeler to create thin ribbons. Slice the mushrooms. Trim the base off the kohlrabi. Pull away the leaves and stalks and roughly shred. Chop the main bulb into matchsticks. Trim any woody stalks from the kale and roughly shred into small pieces.
5. Warm a large frying pan or wok over a mediumhigh heat for 2 mins. Pour in 1 tbsp oil. Slide in the mushrooms and all parts of the kohlrabi and stir fry for 2-3 mins, till slightly golden on the outside.
6. Add the kale and carrots to the pan, along with the miso mixture and 100ml boiling water. Stir well and continue to fry for 2 mins, till the veg are tender and the liquid has reduced by about half.
7. Pile the cooked veg onto plates next to the sticky rice. Spoon the sesame and lime dressing over the top and serve.