- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of rosemary, leaves only
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 1 tbsp Spanish seasoning
- 330ml cherry tomato passata
- 250ml hot water
- 100g kale
- 340g white fish Pie Mix
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15-16 mins
1. Fill and boil your kettle. Peel and finely chop the onion. Warm a deep frying pan or pan on a medium heat for 1 min, then pour in 1 tbsp olive oil. Add the chopped onion with a pinch of salt and fry for 5 mins, stirring every now and then.
2. While the onion is cooking, peel and grate or crush the garlic. Finely chop the rosemary leaves. Drain and rinse the butter beans.
3. When the onion has cooked for 5 mins, add the garlic, rosemary and 1 tbsp Spanish seasoning to the pan and stir together for 1 min. Pour in the cherry tomato passata and 250ml hot water from the kettle. Bring up to a bubble, then add the butter beans. Pop a lid on the pan and simmer for 6 mins.
4. Meanwhile, finely shred the kale, discarding any thick or dry stalks. Cut any larger pieces of fish in half so they're all roughly the same size.
5. When the beans have cooked for 6 mins, add the kale and fish to the pan and gently stir. Pop the lid back on the pan. Simmer for 5 mins till the fish is cooked though. It should flake easily when pressed with the back of a fork.
6. Taste the stew and add more salt or pepper if you think it needs it. Spoon into a couple of warmed bowls and serve.