- 100g smoked bacon or chorizo, snipped into little bits (optional)
- A few glugs of olive oil
- 1 large onion (red or white), thinly sliced
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin (or cumin seeds)
- A pinch of chilli powder
- 2–3 large handfuls of seasonal greens, shredded or chopped
- 690g bottle of passata
- 6 handfuls of boiled or leftover roast potatoes, cut into large chunks
- Zest of 1 lemon
To make the amazing Celeriac and Stilton Bread in the picture, click on this recipe click here.
1. Warm a large pot over high heat. Add the chorizo or bacon and a little oil. Turn heat down a bit. Sizzle till it starts to pick up a little colour.
2. Swirl in the onions. Cook till tender. Stir a good bit of pepper, the cumin and a little chilli powder through the onions.
3. Fold in the greens. Cook for a sec, till they start to brighten up and look glossy.
4. Tip in the passata. Add the potatoes. Top up with veg stock or a little water, if needed. Cook till warmed through.
5. Taste. Add more spice, if needed. Finish with lemon zest. Delicious with warm crusty bread and butter.