- 6 pork sausages
- 2 onions
- Any other veg you’d like to skewer – peppers, cherry tomatoes, boiled spuds, leeks...
- Herbs or spices
- A drizzle of olive oil
- 6-8 skewers (or you could use rosemary sprigs or bay leave branches)
- Pitta breads
- Dips or chutneys to serve
1. If using wooden skewers, pop them in a dish or glass of water to soak while you get the ingredients ready. This hekps stop them catching and burning while they cook.
2. Snip or slice the sausages into meatball-sized chunks. You can strip the casing off or leave it on. Cut the veg into pieces to roughly match the sausages.
3. Slide the veg and sausage pieces onto the skewers. Fold a few leafy herbs like sage, basil or sorrel and thread them between the veg and sausages if you want, or dust the finished skewers with some spices, like ground cumin and paprika.
4. Drizzle some olive oil over the skewers before grilling, griddling, barbecuing or roasting in the oven (at about 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6) till the sausages are cooked through, about 15-20 mins.
5. Serve the kebabs with toasted or grilled pitta breads, fresh lettuce, a dash of chilli sauce, Greek-style yogurt or your favourite dip or chutney.