- 4 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- A handful of sage
- A splash of olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 pork & leek sausages
- 50g stale breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
Prep: 80 mins | Cook: 35 mins
1. Peel and finely chop the shallots and garlic. Pick the leaves off the sage sprigs. Finely chop them.
2. Warm a splash of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the shallots. Season. Stir and fry for 5 mins till they're soft and golden. Stir in the garlic. Fry for 1 more min.
3. Tip the shallots and garlic into a bowl. Skin the sausages. Add the sausagemeat to the bowl. Add the breadcrumbs. Beat the egg in a separate bowl, then add it.
4. Stir the stuffing mixture together. Pull out chunks of the mix and shape into roughly 18 balls, about the size of large walnuts. Pop on a plate. Cover with cling film. Chill for at least an hour, or overnight.
5. When you’re ready to cook the stuffing balls, heat your oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Lightly grease a baking tray or small roasting tin. Arrange the stuffing balls on the tray. Roast for 25 mins till golden and cooked through.