- 800g Brussels sprouts
- 1 onion
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- A few sprigs of thyme
- A good gloss of olive oil
- 50g Parmesan
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Heat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas 7. Put a large roasting tin in the oven to heat.
2. Strip off any sad-looking outer leaves from your sprouts, if needed. Halve or quarter, depending on size. Peel and thinly slice the onion.
3. Toss the sprouts and onion into a bowl with a good squeeze of lemon juice, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, a few thyme sprigs and a good gloss of olive oil. Mix well and set aside for the flavours to mingle.
4. Tumble everything onto the warmed roasting tray. Roast for 15-20 mins, or till tender and a little crisp around the edges. Finish with a grating of lemon zest, a little more pepper and the freshly grated Parmesan.