- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 lemon
- A handful of dill
- 125ml Prosecco
- 100ml double cream
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Lay the trout side by side in a roasting tin and rub with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slice half the lemon into 4 rounds, and tuck 2 into the cavity of each trout. Slide into the oven and roast 12 mins, till the flesh easily flakes away from the bone.
2. While the fish is cooking, finely chop the dill, discarding any really thick pieces of stalk.
3. When the fish is ready, use a fish slice or spatula to transfer them to 2 warm plates. Loosely cover with foil to help keep the fish warm. Lay the empty roasting tin onto a hob and bring to a medium-high heat. Pour in the Prosecco and bring to the boil. Use a wooden spoon to scrape up any caramelised bits from the bottom of the tin.
4. When the liquid has reduced by half after about 2 mins, pour in the cream and add the dill. Stir in a pinch of black pepper and squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon.
5. Pour the sauce over the roast trout. Serve with lemon and thyme braised leeks and beetroot, horseradish and apple salad.