- 500g Jersey Royal potatoes
- A pinch or two of smoked salt
- 1 red onion
- 1 lemon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 100g butter
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- A handful of chives
- 500g yogurt
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Warm your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes clean and tumble them into a roasting tin, leaving them whole. Sprinkle the potatoes with a pinch of the smoked salt and a little pepper, and toss them with 1 tbsp olive oil. Slide the potatoes into the oven and roast for 45 mins, turning halfway, till the potatoes are tender in the middle.
2. Meanwhile, peel and thinly slice the red onion. Slide the red onion into a bowl and add a small pinch of salt. Squeeze the juice of half of the lemon into the onion and toss to coated. Pop the sliced onion to one side to pickle in the lemon juice.
3. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves and slide them into a small pan. Add 100g butter and a small pinch of the smoked salt. Add 1 tsp smoked paprika and 1 tsp cumin seeds. Pop the pan onto a medium heat and cook for 4-5 mins, till the butter is melted and the garlic is golden at the edges. Squeeze in the juice from the remaining lemon half. Set aside, lid on, to keep the melted butter warm.
4. Finely chop the chives and roughly chop the parsley. When the potatoes are cooked through, allow to cool for 2-3 mins and then slice in half.
5. Spoon the yogurt onto a large plate. Top with the cooked potatoes, quick pickled onions and chopped herbs. Spoon over the melted garlic butter and serve.