- 500g sweet potatoes
- 1 lime
- 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless & skinless
- 3 vine tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 red chilli
- A handful of coriander
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 40 mins
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut each into 5 or 6 wedges. Put in a roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 mins.
2. While the potatoes roast, squeeze the juice from half the lime into a bowl or dish. Mix in 1 tbsp Cajun seasoning then add the chicken breasts. Turn to coat and set aside to marinate while the sweet potatoes are roasting.
3. After the potatoes have cooked for 15 mins, add the chicken breasts and their marinating juices to the roasting tin, nestling them among the sweet potatoes. Roast for 25 more mins till the chicken is golden and cooked through and the chips are tender and browned.
4. Meanwhile, squeeze the remaining lime half into a large bowl. Finely dice the tomatoes and add them to the lime. Peel and finely chop the red onion. Add that too.
5. Halve the red chilli. Scoop out the seeds and white bits for less heat. Finely chop it. Add to the tomatoes. Give everything a good mix. Pick the coriander leaves from the stalks and add these to the bowl. This is your pico de gallo.
6. Pop the cooked chicken on 2 warm plates and spoon over the pico de gallo mixture. Serve with the sweet potato wedges and any tangy juices from the pan.