- 2 chicken breasts, skinless & boneless
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 500g potatoes
- 2 vine tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- A handful of dill, leaves only
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
1. Heat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Line a large baking tray or roasting tin with baking paper and set aside.
2. Place the chicken breasts between 2 sheets of baking paper and bash with a rolling pin, pestle or a meat mallet to flatten them out so they're roughly 2cm thick all over. Transfer the chicken breasts to the baking tray and brush them with ½ tsp oil each. Season with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into chunks around 1cm across. Tip them into a bowl and drizzle in 2 tsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss to coat in the seasoned oil. Spread out on the baking tray around the chicken and slide into the oven. Roast for 30 mins till the potatoes are golden and the chicken breasts are cooked all the way through – there should be no pink if you slice into them.
4. While the chicken and potatoes roast, make the salsa. Dice the tomatoes and place them in a clean bowl. Peel the shallot, finely chop it and add it to the tomatoes. Pick the soft dill fronds off their stalks. Finely chop the soft fronds and add them to the bowl. Stir in 1 tbsp mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
5. Trim the dry ends off the purple sprouting broccoli and slice into florets about as big as your little finger. Warm a dry frying pan over a medium heat and add the broccoli (no need for oil). Cook for 4–5 mins, turning every so often, till the broccoli is charred and a little softened.
6. Serve the roast chicken breasts and potatoes with the charred purple sprouting broccoli and the tomato salsa.