- 2 sticks of rhubarb
- 1 red onion
- A handful of mint
- 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 75g bulgar wheat
- 150g boiling water
- 500g broad beans
- 50g rocket
- 120g feta
1. Trim any woody ends off the rhubarb sticks. Thinly slice the rhubarb and slide it into a bowl. Peel the red onion and finely chop it. Add the onion to the rhubarb. Pick the mint leaves and tear them into the bowl. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Drizzle in 2 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp oil. Add a generous pinch of salt and pepper and stir well to combine. Set aside for 15 mins.
2. Meanwhile, fill your kettle and boil it. Tip the bulgar wheat into a heatproof bowl and pour in 150ml boiling water. Swirl with a fork, then pop a plate on the bowl and set aside to soak for 15-20 mins. The bulgar wheat will soak up the water and become tender.
3. Fill a small pan with boiling water and pop it onto the hob. Pod the broad beans. When the water is boiling, add the broad beans. Simmer for 2-3 mins, till just tender. Drain the broad beans through a sieve and rinse with cold water to stop them cooking further. Shake away any excess water.
4. Stir the broad beans into the bowl with the rhubarb. Fold in the rocket leaves and crumble in the feta. Pour in an extra 1 tbsp oil.
5. Scatter the bulgar wheat onto plates. Top with the lightly pickled vegetables and serve.