- 2 sticks of rhubarb, sliced in 2-3 cm chunks
- 5 tbsp honey
- ½ a vanilla pod
- 4 egg yolks*
- 300g full-fat crème fraîche
- Granola, crystallised ginger or fresh berries, for topping (optional)
*If you're crazy about rhubarb (and dessert) you could save your egg whites and remaining rhubarb for our gorgeous Rhubarb & Custard Pavlova recipe. You can find it on the recipe section online.
1. Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6. Place the rhubarb in a roasting tin and roast for 10-15 mins or till collapsably tender.
2. Place the honey in a medium-sized saucepan. Gently warm till about to bubble. Scrape in the seeds from the vanilla pod halves. While it’s still warm, not hot, whisk in the egg yolks for 3 mins or so, till it thickens. It should coat the back of a spoon. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the roasted rhubarb into the honeyed egg mixture then whisk into crème fraîche. Spoon into a freezersafe tub or bowl. It should freeze in 1 hr. Serve with dishes of crystallised ginger, granola and summer berries.