- 2 bundles of pad Thai noodles
- 1 red onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 200g purple sprouting broccoli
- A thumb of ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lime
- 50g sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp tamari
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A small handful of Thai basil, leaves only
- 35g cashews
- 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1. Place the noodles in a large bowl and cover them with cold water. Leave them to soften for 20 mins while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
2. Peel and thinly slice the red onion. Peel the carrot and slice it into long ribbons using a vegetable peeler. Halve the red pepper and scoop out the seeds and white pith. Slice it into long thin strips. Chop the purple sprouting broccoli in to small florets and thinly slice the stalks at an angle.
3. Peel and grate the ginger and garlic. Zest and juice the lime. Mix the ginger, garlic and lime with the sweet chilli sauce and 2 tbsp tamari. Set aside. Finely slice the mint and Thai basil leaves.
4. Heat a large frying pan or wok. Tip in the cashews. Toast for 2-3 mins. Tip the toasted cashews onto a board. When cool, finely chop.
5. The noodles should be soft. Drain them and tip back into the bowl. Toss half the sweet chilli dressing through the noodles. Set aside.
6. Heat 1 tbsp coconut or olive oil in the pan you used to toast the cashews. Add the onion, pepper and broccoli. Stir fry for 3 mins. Then add the carrot ribbons. Stir fry for a further 2 mins. Pour in the remaining sweet chilli dressing and toss for 2 mins. Add the noodles and toss through the veg. Cook for another 2 mins till the noodles have warmed through.
7. Lift the noodles into a couple of bowls. Scatter over the toasted cashews and chopped mint and Thai basil leaves to serve..