- 300g pasta, any shape (we use penne)
- A glug of olive oil
- 100g pancetta or streaky bacon, snipped into lardons
- 4 mugs of purple sprouting broccoli, cut into 3 cm bits
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan, mozzarella or toasted almonds (optional)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1. Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain. Gloss with olive oil.
2. Crisp the pancetta in a frying pan. Add a little oil if needed. Add the broccoli and cook till just tender but still purple.
3. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, chilli and seasoning to make the dressing.
4. Stir together the pasta, pancetta and broccoli.
5. Drizzle with dressing. Mix. Taste. Season. Finish with a little freshly grated Parmesan, torn mozzarella or toasted almonds for extra fabness.