- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 250g white mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250g chicken breast mini fillets
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200g pasta
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 200g half fat crème fraîche
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Peel and finely chop the onion. Peel and grate or crush the garlic. Finely slice the mushrooms. Chop the chicken into bite-sized chunks.
2. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a deep frying pan or wok. Add the chicken. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook and stir over a medium-high heat for 5-6 mins till the chicken is golden brown. Lift out of the pan and pop onto a plate.
3. Add the onion to the frying pan. Turn the heat down to low. Cook for 5 mins till soft and glossy. Stir every so often.
4. Add the garlic and mushrooms to the frying pan. Cook for 5 mins till the mushrooms are lightly browned. Stir now and then.
5. Meanwhile, fill a pan with water. Add a pinch of salt. Cover and bring to the boil. Add the pasta. Put the lid back on and simmer for 8 mins till the pasta is tender but still has a little bite to it.
6. Pop the chicken back in the pan with the veg. Add 2 tbsp water and cook together for 2-3 mins to heat everything through.
7. Drain the pasta. Stir the crème fraîche into the chicken and veg. Gently warm for 1-2 mins. Add the pasta. Toss to mix. Pop onto two warm plates and serve topped with rocket.
8. TIP: The crème fraîche can separate if it gets too hot too quickly, so be gentle when you're warming it. But if your sauce isn't smooth, don't worry. It'll still be delicious.