- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp raw cane sugar
- A large handful of tarragon, leaves only
- 1 red chilli
- 4 ripe peaches
- 250g French beans
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 250g cooked white & red quinoa
- 400g heirloom cherry tomatoes
- 100g mixed salad leaves
- A large handful of basil, leaves only
- 250g buffalo bocconcini
Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 5 mins
1. Pour the white wine vinegar into a mixing bowl and add 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp sugar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Finely chop half of the tarragon leaves and add to the bowl. Halve the chilli, flick out the white membrane, finely chop the chilli, then add to the bowl. Whisk well – this is your peach pickling marinade.
2. Halve the peaches and scoop out the stones with a teaspoon. Cut into 1cm-thick slices. Add them to the marinade and set to one side to pickle for up to 20 mins (but don't leave them in the marinade for longer than that).
3. While the peaches pickle, bring a large pan of water to the boil. Trim the woody ends from the French beans. Drop the beans into the boiling water and simmer for 4 mins. Drain and plunge into ice cold water to stop them cooking. Set to one side.
4. Zest and juice the lemon into a large bowl. Add 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tsp Dijon mustard, 1 tsp sugar and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk well to make a dressing. Add the cooked white & red quinoa and stir to coat. Halve the cherry tomatoes. Drain the French beans. Add them both to the bowl and toss to mix.
5. Arrange the mixed salad leaves, remaining tarragon and the basil leaves on a large serving platter. Tumble the dressed quinoa, cherry tomatoes and French beans on top and gently toss to mix. Scatter the pickled peaches on top of the salad, drizzling over the marinade. Dot over the buffalo bocconcini, tearing them in half if you wish. Drizzle over a little extra olive oil and serve straight away.