- 500g potatoes
- 50g breadcrumbs
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 200g kale
- 2 shallots
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 3 tbsp cold water
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/ Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and cut them into chips as thick as your finger. Scatter the chips into a large roasting tin and toss with 1 tbsp oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Slide the chips into the oven and roast for 25 mins.
2. Meanwhile, tip the breadcrumbs into a bowl. Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks and add them to the breadcrumbs. Grate in the lemon zest. Add a little salt and pepper and 1 tbsp oil and stir to mix. Tip the breadcrumb mixture onto a plate. Roll the salmon fillets in the mixture to coat them on all sides.
3. Slice the woody cores from the kale. Roughly chop the leaves. Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Peel and finely chop the garlic clove.
4. When the chips have roasted for 25 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Turn the chips over, and make 2 spaces for the salmon fillets. Tuck the salmon into the tin and return to the oven for a further 12-15 mins, till the chips are golden and the salmon is cooked through – it should be dark pink and flake easily when pressed with a fork.
5. While the salmon and chips finish cooking, pour 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan and warm to a mediumhigh heat. Add the shallots and garlic and fry for 1-2 mins, till slightly softened. Add the kale with a pinch of salt and pepper. Pour in 3 tbsp cold water and fry for 4-5 mins to wilt the kale. Squeeze in the juice from half the lemon.
6. Divide the kale and chips between a couple of plates, top with the salmon fillets and serve with a couple of lemon wedges on the side.