- 35g almonds
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- A handful of mint, leaves only
- A handful of wild garlic
- 1 lemon
- 2 ling fillets
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 6-8 mins
1. Scatter the almonds into a small food processor (you can also use a pestle and mortar to make your pesto). Add the grated parmesan along with the mint leaves and the wild garlic. Grate in the lemon zest and squeeze in the juice. Add 3 tbsp olive oil and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Whizz till everything is finely chopped and combined into a pesto. Scoop the pesto into a bowl and pop to one side.
2. Pour 1 tbsp oil into a frying pan and warm to a high heat. Sprinkle the ling fillets with a pinch of salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add the ling fillets, skin side down. Fry on the skin side for 5 mins, then use a slice to carefully turn the fillets over. Remove the pan from the heat and allow to cook for 2-3 mins in the risidual heat of the pan. Serve the ling fillets topped with spoonfuls of the wild garlic pesto, with your choice of potatoes and seasonal greens on the side.