- 190g marinated tofu
- 2 shallots
- A thumb of ginger
- 200g white mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- ½ green cabbage
- 2 bundles of Thai rice noodles
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 50g Thai sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 15-20 mins
1. Prepare your tofu and veg: gently pat the tofu dry with kitchen paper. Slice into cubes. Peel and thinly slice the shallots. Peel and chop the ginger into matchsticks. Finely slice the mushrooms.
2. Peel the carrot and slice into thin sticks. Halve the pepper. Scoop out the seeds and white bits. Finely slice it. Finely shred the cabbage.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok or deep frying pan. Add the tofu. Fry for 4-5 mins. Turn occasionally till golden brown. Lift out of the pan. Pop on a plate lined with kitchen paper and set aside.
4. Add the shallots to the pan. Stir fry for 2-3 mins till they just pick up some colour. Add the rest of the veg and the ginger to the pan. Season with a pinch of salt. Stir fry for 4-5 mins till soft and glossy.
5. While the veg cook, put 2 bundles of noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Leave for 3 mins, then drain (take the wok off the heat for a few mins if needed while you drain the noodles).
6. Add 1 tsp each of garam masala and turmeric to the veg. Stir fry for 1 min till the pan smells fragrant. Return the tofu to the pan and toss a few times to mix together.
7. Add the noodles to the pan. Use two forks to pick everything up and drop a couple of times to mix it all together. Divide the stir-fry between two warm bowls. Drizzle the Thai sweet chilli sauce over the top to serve.