- 1kg potatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- A head of broccoli
- 200g French beans
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 lemons
- A handful of flat leaf parsley
- 4 tbsp half fat crème fraîche
- 4 salmon fillets
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 45 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub your potatoes (no need to peel them) and slice them into bite-sized pieces. Scatter the potatoes into a large roasting tin. Pour over 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Toss the potatoes till evenly coated, then slide the tin into the oven. Roast for 15 mins.
2. While the potatoes roast, trim the dry end of the stalk off the broccoli. Slice the broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces. Chop the stalk into small chunks. Trim any dry ends off the green beans. Peel and thinly slice the garlic cloves.
3. When the potatoes have roasted for 15 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Add the broccoli to the potatoes and use a fish slice or spatula to turn everything over and mix them well. Return the tin to the oven for a further 15 mins.
4. Meanwhile, thinly slice one of the lemons and pop the slices to one side. Squeeze the juice from half of the remaining lemon into a bowl. Finely chop the parsley leaves and stalks and add to the lemon juice. Scoop the crème fraîche into the bowl and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well to make a sauce.
5. When the veg have been in the oven for 15 mins, remove the tin from the oven. Scatter over the French beans and garlic slices. Toss with the veg to combine. Arrange the salmon fillets on top of the veg and place a few thin slices of lemon on top of each salmon fillet. Slide the tin back into the oven for a final 10-15 mins til the salmon is cooked through and the veg are tender and a little browned.
6. Divide the salmon and veg between 4 warm plates. Serve with the lemon & herb crème fraîche on the side.