- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 400g chipolata sausages
- 200g unsmoked bacon lardons
- 400g tin of baked beans
- 4 eggs
- A handful of parsley
- Buttered toast, to serve
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20-25 mins
1. Rinse the mushrooms and tear them into small pieces.
2. Put a really big frying pan on a medium-high heat and pour in 2 tbsp oil. Add the chipolatas and arrange them so they cover one-third of the frying pan, the bacon lardons in another third and the mushrooms in the final third. Fry, stirring the mushrooms and lardons occasionally and turning the chipolatas, for 12-15 mins till they're browned all over.
3. Tip the beans into the pan. Warm through for 2 mins till just starting to bubble, then crack 4 eggs into the pan. Pop a lid or baking tray over the frying pan and turn down the heat to low. Cook for 6-8 mins for runny egg yolks, or cook for a few more mins for firmly set egg yolks.
4. While the breakfast cooks, roughly chop a handful of parsley.
5. When the eggs are done to your liking, scoop the breakfast onto 4 warm plates, making sure everyone gets a bit of everything. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with hot buttered toast.