- 500g new potatoes
- 1 tbsp brown miso paste
- 1 tbsp brown rice vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 2 butcher's cut centre steaks
- 200g French beans
- 1 spring onion
- Sea salt
- 2 tbsp olive or sunflower oil
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Scrub the potatoes and chop them into small, bite-size chunks. Add them to the pan of boiling water. Simmer for 5 mins.
2. While the potatoes simmer, measure 1 tbsp miso paste into a small bowl. Add 1 tbsp rice vinegar. Crush the garlic cloves and stir them in. Squeeze in the juice from the lemon. Stir in 1 tbsp oil to make a marinade.
3. Pop the steaks in a dish. Pour over the miso marinade and turn them to coat. Set aside to marinate while you prepare the veg.
4. Drain the potatoes and shake them in the colander to rough up the edges. Set aside. Fill the pan with water, add a pinch of salt, cover and bring to the boil again.
5. Trim the ends from the French beans and set the beans aside. Trim the roots off the spring onion and finely slice it, white and green parts. Set aside.
6. Put a wok or deep frying pan over a medium heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and the potatoes. Fry for 10-15 mins, stirring often, till golden brown.
7. While the potatoes fry, put a frying pan on a high heat for 3 mins. Add the steaks. Fry for 3-5 mins on each side (depending on how well done you like your steaks). Transfer them to warm plate or board and loosely cover with foil. Leave the steaks to rest.
8. The water in the pan should be boiling by now. Add the French beans and simmer for 2 mins, then drain them.
9. Arrange the steaks on 2 warm plates with the chipped new potatoes and French beans. Garnish with the sliced spring onion to serve.