- 500g potatoes
- 400g vine tomatoes
- 400g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- A handful of rosemary
- 50g watercress
- 2 minute steaks
- 45g butter
- 227ml single cream
Prep: 15 mins | Cook 30 mins
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Scrub the potatoes and slice them into 1cm-thick chips. Spread out in large roasting tin or baking tray. Drizzle with a little olive oil and toss to coat. Slide into the oven to bake for 15 mins.
2. Meanwhile, quarter the tomatoes, pop them in a bowl and toss with olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. When the chips have cooked for 15 mins, add the tomatoes to the tray or tin. Roast for a further 15 mins, till the chips are golden brown and the tomatoes are just tender.
3. Meanwhile, thickly slice the mushrooms. Peel and crush the garlic. Pick the leaves off the rosemary sprigs and finely chop them.
4. Pop the watercress in a bowl. Drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to dress, then set aside.
5. Season the minute steaks. Warm a frying pan for 3-4 mins till it’s smoking hot. Add half the butter and quickly swirl it round the pan, then add the steaks and fry for 30 secs-1 min on each side for rare, or add 1-2 mins more for well done. Pop the steaks on a warm board or plate and loosely wrap them in foil. Leave them to rest.
6. Add the remaining butter to the pan and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add the mushrooms. Season, then stir in the garlic and rosemary.
7. Fry the mushrooms for 3-4 mins, stirring, till golden. Turn the heat down to low. Pour in the cream. Stir and cook for 1-2 mins till the sauce is warm. Taste and adjust the seasoning, if needed. Serve the minute steaks with the chips, roast tomatoes, watercress and mushroom sauce.